An economic downturn means an exponential increase in employment litigation, and Compliance Training Group is offering proactive instruction solutions to greatly mitigate potential vulnerability to lawsuits.
LOS ANGELES, California — March 2, 2010 — Diversified Risk Management, Inc., a California-based corporate investigation and risk-mitigation consulting firm is well aware of the findings of litigation experts: “The economic downturn and rising unemployment will be adding to more and more labor and employment litigation against employers this year,” according to international law firm Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP’s most recent annual Litigation Trends Survey Report.
In response, DRM has appointed Alex Castaneda, MBA, PHR as its new Director of Corporate Training Services for its education and instruction division, Compliance Training Group. Mr. Castaneda is expanding the firm’s Learning Management System (LMS) offerings and SCORM & AICC compliant e-Learning courses (conducted in English and Spanish). New and updated special training courses for 2010 include:
- California’s AB 1825 (Gov. Code 12950.1) Sexual Harassment Awareness Compliant Training and (Non-California) State Specific Sexual Harassment Awareness Training
- Violence in the Workplace (including plans for the prevention, recognition and proper response to potential violence)
- Diversity Awareness
- Conflict Resolution
- Performance Management (Delegating, Monitoring, and Progressive Discipline)
- Leadership & Motivation
- Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Group Development & Team Building
- Manager’s Time Management
- Legal Considerations (of Wage and Hour issues, Interviewing, Hiring & Firing and other Employment Decisions)
- Managing a Reduction in Force (RIF’s)
- Leaves of Absences (Disability & Workers’ Compensation)
- Administering an Effective Workers’ Compensation Program
- A Manager’s Guide to Thorough Internal Workplace Investigations
Mr. Castaneda is developing valuable and practical toolkits for managers and supervisors including recommended procedures, important forms, and legally required employee brochures and publications covering many vital human resources issues including:
- Records Retention Requirements
- LOA Tracking Systems and Forms
- Workers’ Compensation Administration, and many more
Mr. Castaneda’s duties include continued support of current client needs while working diligently to provide the most efficient, standardized training services throughout the United States and internationally. His long-term strategic growth plans for Compliance Training Group include the development and offering of various certification courses required by Human Resources Professionals for continuing educational credits (CEU), and to make the courses not only applicable and pertinent to his HR peers, but also truly enjoyable.
Mr. Castaneda is an experienced public speaker and trainer who has worked with hundreds of companies during his career as an HR Consultant and Corporate Trainer, enhancing his clients’ productivity, profitability and efficiency.
He attended Alliant International University, Los Angeles, where he obtained a Master of Arts Degree in Organizational Psychology and continued graduate work at the University of La Verne, California where he obtained another Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) with emphasis in Leadership and Management. He was awarded certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) by the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM).